The Sr. Marketing Manager – Gaylord Hotels plays a critical role in developing and executing the creative, messaging, and marketing strategy for the Gaylord Hotels brand and its unique resorts. Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing and Creative, this role will help to develop and execute strategic communications strategies that build brand affinity and purchase intent across a variety of paid, owned, and earned communications channels, including traditional, OOH, TV/Radio, Digital, Social Media, and other innovative formats.
This role may include management of several creative/marketing team members and constant collaboration with brand and property stakeholders. The Sr. Marketing Manager – Gaylord Hotels will play a key role in the development of standard operating procedures, processes, platforms/tools to help the marketing organization function more effectively and will include some project management functions. They should be prepared to provide both strategic thinking and executional support to marketing strategies. This individual should be prepared to challenge traditional thinking and find new, innovative, strategic ways to reach consumers. They should be a strong storyteller, with a creative eye, and the ability to incorporate data into the decision-making process. They should be able to build relationships with stakeholders, manage expectations, and prioritize requests. Knowledge of marketing channels, tactics, and trends is a must. Success is measured by how well they help drive the marketing strategy for the brand and leverage the resources around them to create truly compelling marketing strategies and campaigns.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business or related major
- 6-8 years of marketing communications experience (hospitality industry preferred but not required)
- 2-3 years of leadership experience, managing teams or partners/agencies
- Experience in corporate marketing communications or advertising/creative agency preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful marketing strategies using a variety of channels and tactics
- Demonstrated experience in project management. Project management certification or training a plus (e.g. Scrum, Agile)
- Experience managing a budget
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate data into creative process
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks for multiple stakeholders
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Marketing Strategy & Execution
- Contribute to the building of a world class marketing function that embraces innovation and delivers impactful results. Bring new ideas, creativity, and insights to be leveraged across all consumer touchpoints.
- Guide and contribute to the development of strategic marketing plans and initiatives across leisure and group segments. Oversee and contribute to the execution of these initiatives across a variety of channels, including, but not limited to: digital, social, web, email, traditional, OOH, TV/radio, public relations, and more.
- Develop strategic and creative program briefs and strategies to drive impactful marketing campaign planning. Guide the execution of campaigns, concepts, and production against these briefs.
- Lead and contribute to creative and marketing ideation, brainstorming, and inspiration.
- Support the creative guidance of marketing projects and the process of concept/design and post-production execution.
- Provide leadership to assigned team members/disciplines, supporting their personal and professional growth and guiding their contributions to department objectives and priorities.
- Support the build of brand identity/campaign creative standards and centralized guidelines and the pull-through of these standards across teams.
- Oversee, contribute to, and support the development of strategy content calendars for email, social media, web, and other core communications channels.
- Provide leadership in the development of process and SOPs to guide the effective execution of marketing strategies. This will include supporting the management of project management tools (e.g. Asana) and associated processes.
Support project management and prioritization:
- Intake of work, development of briefs, management of work in project management system(s), assigning of deadlines/resources, and updates to leadership.
- Management of priorities and deadlines.
- Oversight of production and delivery of completed assets to relevant parties, facilitation of approvals, etc.
- Partner with Intellectual Property (IP) partners to build relationships and to facilitate collaboration and approvals/reviews.
- Oversee and support the development of written and visual (photo/video) content, including style guidance, processes for capture, vendor and relationship management, rights management, and asset storage/retention.
- Ensure pull through of relevant Marriott International marketing programs and initiatives.
- Partner with eCommerce team on execution of paid/trade marketing channels, website development and evolution, and eCRM evolution.
Relationships and Team Collaboration
- Build relationships with stakeholders and take active role in development of pitches, education, updates, reporting, and feedback sessions.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships across the organization. Understand stakeholder needs, requests, and priorities.
- Support the communication of Gaylord marketing and digital strategies, educating key leaders and stakeholders.
- Provide training and marketing leadership while acting as a subject matter expert for hotel leaders.
- Educate stakeholders on marketing brand standards and ensure compliance.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand core needs, prioritize requests, and report impact of marketing initiatives.
- Manage projects, timelines, and production for marketing campaigns.
- Manage allocated budgets and ensure payment of vendors and partners in accordance with finance policy.
- Support additional communications duties and functions as deemed necessary.
- Keep abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends.
- Ensure pull-through of business priorities in all marketing activities.
- Support the development of long-term strategic initiatives to grow organization capability.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.