Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
As a Commis Chef at St Pancras, you will be primarily responsible for preparing ingredients and mis en place for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storage. You will also be involved in food service for bars, restaurants, events spaces and associate areas (eg. Canteen). As required you will also assist the Back of House Stewards with cleaning/washing up duties as part of your shift or for an entire shift
Our ideal Commis Chef
What we're looking for:
- A team-first attitude
- A passion for food
You’ll need to know your stuff:
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labelling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Receive goods inwards as required/directed
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
Do you want to be part of a team of talented people, passionate about creating extraordinary experiences in London’s most iconic hotel? Then we look forward to receiving your application
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.