Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa | With sweeping views from the base of Beaver Creek Mountain, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa redefines the mountain getaway in Colorado’s Vail Valley. Embrace Vail’s finest golf courses, whitewater river rafting, fly fishing and scenic hiking trails—all just outside our doorstep. Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa is seeking colleagues with unmatched service. We care for people so they can be their best.
The Assistant Director of Engineering is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the engineering department. This includes the buildings guest rooms, central plant, kitchens, laundry, building exterior and condominiums. This person must be knowledgeable in HVAC systems, Energy Management and Building Automation, Electrical troubleshooting and general facility maintenance trades.
- Creating schedules and work flow to be executed through the day to day operations of the engineering department.
- Leading and developing associates through continued training while ensuring safety programs are effective and in compliance with Corporate and OSHA Standards.
- Oversee 6 -12 employees daily.
- Champion customer service and provide enhanced levels of service through Park Hyatt Brand Standards
- Lead sustainability programs and provide monthly reporting.
- Responsible for guestroom, public area and mechanical equipment preventive maintenance programs and reporting.
- Maintain critical spare parts inventories. Preparing purchase orders and tracking departmental expenses.
- Schedule and oversee third party contractors to insure building system compliance along with various other maintenance repairs and services.
- 3 – 5 year of facility management experience with strong leadership skills.
- Experience with routine maintenance procedures and operations of facility to include central plant and building automation controls, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, pool and spa operation, commercial kitchen equipment and any other equipment which contributes to the safe and efficient operation of the overall facility.
- 2 year Trade/Technical school certificate or 5 years hands on experience in the building maintenance field. Hospitality industry experience is preferred.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills a must.
- This position requires open schedule availability; shifts may include evenings, overnights, weekends or holidays.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office, HotSos, BAS, PMS and CMM systems.
The budgeted range for this position is $60,200 - $80,000. Actual pay will be commensurate with experience.
Why Work at Hyatt?
- Enjoy free employee meals in our employee dining hall
- Discounted & Complimentary Hotel Room Nights
- Medical Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time colleagues)
- Retirement savings plan
- Basic Life Insurance
- After your first full year with Hyatt you will receive 2 weeks of paid time off
- Excellent training and professional development
- Opportunities to work around the world with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts
- Ski Pass!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Our Values: Respect | Integrity | Humility | Empathy | Creativity | Fun