Posted April 5, 2021InterContinental Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Position Title Executive Chef
Accountable To General Manager
Primary Objective of Position
The Executive Chef will be responsible for all aspects of kitchen management, restaurant management and special events catering for the InterContinental Hotel MSP and Graves Hospitality.
Major Areas of Accountability
We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent leadership abilities who can skillfully and responsibly manage a multi-faceted culinary operation in accordance with the standards of Graves Hospitality.
· Maintain control systems assuring quality and portion consistency and fosters an awareness of the importance of food preparation.
· Train and manage the entire culinary team.
· Manage labor cost and strategies to ensure food and beverage profitability.
· Create menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of each item
· Work closely with the General Manager and various heads of department to drive the entire Food and Beverage operation through immediate and long-term planning.
· Identify and cultivate talent and passion within the team
· Possess Passion for learning and teaching
· Maintain a proactive approach to problem solving
· Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for the Culinary department.
· Assist in the preparation for Food & Beverage budget discussions.
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
· Communicate effectively with guests, co-workers and management. Ensure all communications reach their desired recipients.
· Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other hotel team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
· At all times project a favorable image of InterContinental MSP Hotel to the public.
Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar leadership position at an upscale, full-service hotel
Excellent knowledge of and passion for local, organic, sustainable ingredients
Excellent and diverse culinary skills
Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
Outstanding communication and leadership skills
Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
Basic computer skills and ability to learn software
Credentials in health and safety training
Certification of Culinary Training or Apprenticeship. Culinary degree preferred
compensation: based on experience
Dynamically designed as the ultimate destination for leisure and business, and the only hotel connected to the airport, this stunning new property is also accessible by direct road with dedicated parking or light rail. Relax in sophisticated guestrooms, indulge at Elevations luxury spa, dine in 3 outstanding restaurants, or host an event in 30,000 sf of meeting space. The hotel is conveniently located only 20 minutes to the downtowns of Minneapolis or St. Paul and 5 minutes to Mall of America.