Posted April 5, 2021Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
1. Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
2. Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
3. Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
4. Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
5. Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
6. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate well with guests
Positive, energetic personality, willingness to learn and commitment to support and advance the image and reputation of the hotel.
Ability to multi task and keep up in a fast-paced environment.
At least one years in security, preferably in the hospitality industry.
Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
High school diploma or equivalent
At least 3-5 years in security, preferably in the hospitality industry.
Managerial/Leadership experience preferred
Hospitality industry, full service, experience preferred
Strong interpersonal verbal communication skills
Training from an accredited college/university
Exposure to extreme temperatures (Indoor & Outdoor)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 150 pounds.
Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent Hospitality. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully preform the essential functions of the guestroom attendant job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the maintenance tech job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Steps from Bricktown's wealth of dining and entertainment opportunities, our hotel taps into the pulse of Oklahoma City, placing guests in the center of it all. Thoughtfully appointed guest rooms and suites provide an inspiring backdrop to work and play; Chesapeake Energy Arena is moments away, plus we offer a direct connection to the Cox Convention Center. However guests elect to spend their time in the city, make use of our ample amenities, including a well-equipped fitness center, a spacious outdoor pool and several dining destinations. Block 23 showcases modern American cuisine served in an exuberant setting, while Aria Lounge presents elevated bar food and craft cocktails. With over 20,000 square feet of flexible venue space, our hotel is also an enlightened choice for conferences at Cox Convention Center or other special events in downtown OKC.