POSITION: Gift Shop Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Front Desk
SUPERVISOR: Front Desk Manager
The market and shop attendants are responsible for the prompt, efficient, and courteous service of guests, collecting payment and meeting many other guest needs during their stay. Other duties include maintaining market inventory, stocking shelves, cashier, assisting with food & beverage purchases, assisting with beach rentals, and ensuring cleanliness of work and storage areas.
Greet customers when they enter the market, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise. Display merchandise in a neat, eye-appealing manner. Restock items as necessary, check expiration dates, and discard expired items. Assisting customers with beach rentals of bikes, cabanas, paddle boards and kayaks.
Keep storeroom neat and clean. Complete customer purchases, process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges. Verify customer identification as required. Maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer, turn in all property monies and receipts, and ensure deposits/cash drops are verified. Follow checklist for opening and closing shop.
Secure market and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in customer service
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years’ experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
- Previous guest/customer relations training preferred.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 125 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment – Guest Rooms, Guest and Service Corridors, Housekeeping Office. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, biohazards and chemicals.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Must be able to reach above head and shoulder height to perform job duties.