Posted May 6, 2021Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach
Supports the successful execution of all operations in the hotel operations departments (may include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Operations Team
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and communicates game plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Assists in ensuring that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Supporting Property Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
Assisting in Managing Profitability
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Understands financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Residence Inn Costa Mesa, California hotel is located in the heart of Orange County near beautiful Newport Beach. Just blocks from South Coast Plaza shopping Mecca and John Wayne Airport, our hotel in Costa Mesa, CA is within close proximity to UC Irvine and the world famous Oceanside communities of Newport, Huntington and Seal Beaches. Enjoy a free hot breakfast buffet to start off the morning before socializing at our gatehouse, where guests gather to mingle. Our extended stay hotel in Costa Mesa, California specializes in providing you all the comforts of home. Each one of our Costa Mesa suites offer separate living and sleeping areas with King-size bed and fully equipped kitchens with full-size oven. Our hotel near Newport Beach, California also includes free in-room wireless Internet access to keep you connected. Later, unwind in our outdoor pool or stay in stride at our fitness center. Our Residence Inn Costa Mesa, CA hotel helps you maintain a balance of work and life as you thrive on your stay.