Posted April 5, 2021Delta Hotels Virginia Beach Bayfront Suites
Sales & Catering Assistant
Assists the Sales and Catering team along with managing group blocks in the property management system. Provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction. Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue and streamline day-to-day processes.
· Take leads both over the phone and email, then process in our sales system.
· Preparing sales-related documents; coordinating group leads and/or reservations, VIP arrivals, special event and preparing a variety of reports.
· Complete contracts and proposals with accuracy and communicate timely and professionally with clients.
· Assist with on property programming and marketing.
· Serve as point of contact for individual call-in questions or issues along with managing comp reservations.
· Report on current block status and ensure that deadlines and inventory shortages are managed efficiently and accurately.
· Responsible for creating and managing group room blocks in the property management system - cut off dates or extensions, attrition projections and room block utilization.
· Manage and maintain inventory by room type and monitor cut-off dates to maximize group pick-up and hotel revenue opportunities.
· Attend the weekly group pick-up meeting to evaluate cut-off date extensions and potential additions to room group blocks.
· Enter group rooming lists.
· Build group masters with applicable billing requirements.
· Manage group commission/rebates process and ensure all room related concessions are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner.
· Balance room type inventories in and recommend room type overbooking to create sell through opportunities.
· Update, process, generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports.