Job Description Summary
Responsible for the day to day and long term management of the Housekeeping Department. Supervises work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, attractive rooms in the hotel. Director of Housekeeping is also responsible to keep and follow our FORBES standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Manages the daily operations of the Housekeeping Departments.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and financial planning of the department.
- Manages operating expenses according to the budget to maximize costs while providing excellence service.
- Manages the selection, training and development of Team Members with an eye toward maximum Team Member satisfaction and productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies are kept according to par levels.
- Issues supplies and equipment to Team Members.
- Investigates complaints regarding service and equipment in order to take corrective action.
- Conducts regular inspections of guest rooms to determine need for repair or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts training of new Team Members to explain work procedures to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Attends training seminars to perfect cleaning techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisor skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, time edits, and prepares periodic reports.
- Provide excellent guest service to both guest and internal clients.
- Must adhere to all Tribal Ordinance, Regulations, and the ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Housekeeping department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing and resolving problems.
FORBES EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.,
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management preferred.
Three - Five years related experience in a four diamond/four star high volume Hotel Housekeeping operations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills necessary for the position are: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and hotel software, Opera system preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the Hotel area and properties, including walking up to 1 mile, climbing stairs and sit or stand at a desk/work station for long periods of time throughout the shift Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment.
- Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment.
- Must be able to grasp, lift and/or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.