Posted April 6, 2021The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Plans and executes meetings and special events. Position assists in the implementation of departmental strategies. The position has responsibility for the execution of all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales where appropriate.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Apprises property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Executes event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and supports establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel premiered as the first luxury beach resort along coastal Orange County. Today, the Dana Point resort boasts a newly re-imagined vibe, services and spaces, yet still occupies its perch atop 150 foot bluff featuring cascading views of the Pacific Ocean. The hotel is the premiere destination for travelers who desire a playful approach to Southern California luxury. Located half way between Los Angeles and San Diego, the surfside retreat awakens guests’ senses with its unique beach ocean-front setting and remarkable service heritage. Over the years, the resort has been the recipient of many awards, but is proud to boast its AAA Five Diamond status for the 28th consecutive year. 396 guestrooms including 29 spacious suites and 367 guestrooms Located in Dana Point, along seven miles of scenic coastline Seasonal overnight packages and day packages Six restaurants, bars and dining lounges Spa with 12 treatment rooms, named among the top 100 spa resorts Eco-Adventure Center for unique eco-excursions and experiences Let The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel inspire the ultimate getaway. Book your reservations at this exclusive California address today and indulge in the quintessential beach resort experience.Experience the re-imagined Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.