Responsible for: transporting guest, assisting with luggage, providing hotel and area information. Always offering prompt and courteous guest service. Maintain the cleanliness and operation of the vehicle in a guest ready appearance at all times.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- One year experience in similar position.
- High school diploma or equivalent of same preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have clear MVR record. MVR will be routinely checked.
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire drug screen. Random drug screens will also be conducted throughout employment.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 100 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Operation and basic up keep of vehicle
- Standards of operation as required by brand.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and are up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Exceptional guest and hospitality skills.
- Respond to guest requests, such as delivering supplies: shampoo, towels, etc. in timely and hospitable manner.
- Maintain professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Maintain position specific logs.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
- Respond to guest inquiries, issue and problems regarding transportation, hotel services and local events, points of interest ad activities.
- Work as a team member. Examples are: assist with breakfast service and house person duties when needed.
- Prepare and consistently maintain van in proper working order in a guest ready atmosphere.
- This include: gas, oil, cleanliness, filing daily reports and reporting malfunction on a daily basis.
- Be able to explain all hotel facilities, locations and hours of operation.
- Greet guest entering an exiting in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assist arriving and departing guests by: opening and closing doors, loading and unloading guest luggage.
- Must obey all traffic rules and regulations constantly throughout shift to ensure a safe and accident free trip.
- Must maintain guest privacy.
- Assist in other areas of hotels as requested.
- Maintain security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Other duties as assigned in all areas of the hotel including housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and houseman duties.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
Positions For Possible Advancement
Before the next promotion, this person should train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Guest Service Representative.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.