Posted April 7, 2021The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
As a member of the Human Resources organization, he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist knowledge and expertise for a market. He/she will be accountable for talent acquisition, succession/workforce planning, performance management and development for property employees, using technology efficiently, and coaching/developing others to help influence and execute brand/business service strategy/initiatives and business objectives in the most efficient manner. Additionally, he/she utilizes a Human Resource business plan aligned with business objectives to deliver HR services that enable business success. As a member of multiple leadership teams, he/she develops and implements strategies across properties that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provide a return on investment to the owner and broader organizational interests while developing and implementing efficiencies in a market.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading and Managing Human Resources Strategy
• Enhances the effective execution of the Human Resources business plan within a market by facilitating communication, collaboration of efforts and sharing expertise.
• Delivers sound results by championing implementations, tracking results, problem solving, and leveraging efforts wherever possible.
• Coordinates strategies within a market to promote cohesiveness and consistency with brand and company standards.
• Drives efforts to improve operational efficiencies across properties.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions.
• Partners with Area Director of Human Resources to verify that property Human Resources strategies, plans and actions are in alignment with regional Human Resources strategies and the overall strategic Human Resources framework for the organization.
• Leads the planning, evaluation, resourcing, and follow-up of engagement survey related activities; in collaboration with the appropriate business and discipline partners.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and region diversity strategy.
• Serves as key change agent for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees and partners with managers to fix errors.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
• Coordinates and participates in succession planning activities in the market, as appropriate.
• Leads implementation and sustainability of Human Resources initiatives.
Managing the Staffing and Recruiting Process
• Partners with property management to hire and train Human Resources staff members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the employee relations needs of the property.
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of selection process and interviewing procedures.
• Partners with properties to analyze open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
• Coordinates with properties to manage their human capital planning.
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
• Coordinates with properties to verify that the appropriate sourcing and recruitment strategies are implemented.
• Verifies that managers are competent in evaluating and hiring hourly employees.
Managing Benefits Education and Administration
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Prepares, analyzes and distributes and acts on results of Internal Equity and Comp Ratio reports.
• Documents and provides input on any out of guidelines management compensation adjustments for regional approval.
• Drives implementation of total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
• Keeps current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Manages and collaborates with Work Environment Manager to verify that work environment related activities are completed and issues are addressed.
• Coordinates with the Performance Development Manager (where applicable) and verify that compliance with training initiatives.
• Verify the completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Verify that property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource technology, process, and policy to appropriately respond to employee inquiries and anticipate employee needs.
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach returns after a complete transformation to once again host luxury travelers in one of the country’s most exotic cities. The experience pulls from Miami’s history and lush surroundings to offer a classic cocktail lounge that celebrates the intriguing stories of the city’s past, an elevated pool overlooking the Atlantic and a full service spa serving as a retreat for rejuvenation amid the excitement of Miami.