The Director, Loyalty Operations (Cobrand Credit Card Enterprise Activation) is a key member of the Marriott International’s Loyalty Operations team and will provide business management consultancy services in support of high-priority Cobrand focused strategic initiatives that require enterprise-wide engagement to succeed. The position will report into the VP, Hotel Platforms and Loyalty Operations.
This position’s primary responsibility is to lead strategic projects ranging from baseline assessments to comprehensive management of complex programs. This Director will be responsible for engaging with cross-discipline subject matter experts (SMEs) and senior, CLS and CONSUMER OPERATIONS leadership to plan and execute Cobrand initiatives across the enterprise, driving the overall success of Marriott International’s major business objectives.
Success in this role requires strong strategic thinking skills, exceptional attention to detail, a proven ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously, and a willingness to be tested on difficult projects and initiatives.
The individual will focus primarily on projects in the following areas:
- Baseline assessment work to inform prioritization of transformational projects within and across Cobrand, CLS and CONSUMER OPERATIONS
- Development and validation of complex growth / business development strategies related to property cobrand products and services.
- Consistent pull-through of enterprise-wide strategies across multiple disciplines at Marriott headquarters and within our Continent organizations and hotels, as needed
- Strategic planning support for senior leaders within the organization, including design and facilitation of multi-day ideation / working sessions designed to drive innovation and collaboration across teams
- Cobrand Projects and Initiatives: where needed, oversee project leaders managing cross functional projects and initiatives supporting top-line revenue growth, transformation, and innovation across Cobrand property initiatives.
- Partnership with several key stakeholders, and not limited to, CLS, Global Operations – Loyalty team, Global and Regional Cx and Brand Organization, Owner Franchise Services, Global and Regional IR team, Regional Finance, eCommerce, Field Marketing, and Area Operations to develop a world-class hotel environment product and services, leading operational best practices, ensuring quick transitions from design to development of products and services, communicating industry trends and cutting-edge research findings, translating feedback into profitable solutions, fostering a creative working culture, ensuring development of user-centered designs, and inspiring innovations.
- Work closely with CLS and OFS – Operations Teams (cross discipline) to ensure continued execution of service excellence in the guest and associate experience frameworks, with target training platforms and value-create priorities with both property leadership and above property teams.
Education and Experience Required
- Proven track record consulting to business leaders and designing, developing, and implementing high impact team effectiveness and capability building solutions in large, complex organizations, using a variety of delivery methodologies
- Minimum of eight years of solid organization and team development work experience; demonstrated progressive growth from more junior to senior roles
- Demonstrated experience in working with and influencing cross-functional work teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience leading organizational change initiatives
- Hospitality/Lodging industry experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in finance and comfort with analytics strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate-level study preferred, but not required
- Prior experience leading the planning and execution of complex/multi-disciplinary strategic projects and initiatives
- Hotel Operations
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Project and Strategy Leadership
- Lead cross-functional working teams comprised of senior discipline experts including, but not limited to, representatives from iT, Digital, Loyalty Operations, Global Operations, CONSUMER OPERATIONS, Human Resources, Cards, Finance, Customer Experience, CEC, etc. to meet project objective and goals on time and on budget
- Deliver presentations related to the strategic roadmap development, project execution/status, and management to senior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., owners, associates, customers).
Guest Experience Strategy
- Assists in the development and deployment of our Cobrand programs, partnering with the Headquarters Guest Experience teams to enhance service delivery throughout all touch points, including training, process improvement, standards compliance and system functionality.
- Identifies performance gaps at the property level and strategically develops and implements appropriate programs and processes to improve performance.
- Helps establish hotel metrics, develops and communicates monthly scorecards.
- Helps coordinate and assists in driving deployment of the Cobrand hotel products.
Lead initiatives on behalf of the Loyalty organization to drive change within Loyalty and across Marriott International. Act as a day-to-day project lead and SME with the following responsibilities:
- Provide content guidance to the project
- Develop / coordinate development of high-quality deliverables and work products in support of the project
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback on work products produced by more junior members of the Enterprise Activation Team
- Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide perspectives to manager related to project management decisions
- Actively participate in strategy sessions, contributing materially to strategy development
- Develop and drive activation of complex implementation plans
- Partner with manager to ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
- Establish key milestones and approval roles
- Ensure timely delivery against milestones
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values; remains composed and focused even in high-stress situations
- Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a team to advance common goals, while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members
- Ability to Work Independently – Proven ability to advance work products with limited guidance and oversight, consistently bringing well-reasoned points of view to discussions with manager and other leaders
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with Marriott’s service standards
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit
- Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop / strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges
Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools, and business practices
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing work activities:
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers)
- Mathematical Reasoning – Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues
- Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through complex conversation
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written English at a level that allows fluid professional communications
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing, and can tailor writing style to suit the needs of variable audiences