Holiday Inn Express Waikiki is seeking an Associate Director of Sales to join our team! The Associate Direct of Sales has direct oversight of the sales operation of the hotel and has a primary responsibility to maximize Responsible for overseeing all functions of the Sales department utilizing strategic thinking to maintain and develop business from all markets to meet or exceed occupancy, revenue and ADR goals.
The Holiday Inn Express Waikiki is located at the gateway of Waikiki in Honolulu. This 44-storey hotel with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, Koolau mountains and Waikiki skyline is just 3 blocks from Waikiki beach and 4 blocks from the Hawaii Convention Center
San Francisco based Sightline Hospitality, LLC is a hotel management company of a portfolio of Full-service, Limited Service and Boutique hotels across the United States, including Hawaii. At Sightline, we bring together people, places, and possibilities to redefine hotel management. Whether big box branded, soft branded, or independent hotels, we believe in soulful stays.
- Develop and implement strategic sales and marketing plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, and electronic/social media
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, strategic partners and clients
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote hotel
- Meet with key clients, assisting Sales managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Prepares sales reports, analyzes sales performance and communicate to corporate manage to explain revenue and margins
- To know demand generators and market conditions.
- Develop and implement sales action plans to achieve budgeted revenue and RevPAR goals.
- Analyze and utilize available market intelligence and demand data to drive business.
- Develop and implement successful promotions.
- Directly manage and coach sales staff including, but not limited to hiring, training on SOPs, scheduling, supporting, performance evaluations and disciplining and terminating employees directly accountable to this position.
- Lead the team to maintain high levels of productivity and morale.
- To become an expert at function room capacities, set-ups, menus and pricing, guarantee policy, cancellation policy, attrition policy, payment policy, service charges and all pricing involved with any outside vendors such as musicians, florist, etc.
- Ensure accuracy and detail on all group reservation and catering agreements prior to distribution.
- To diplomatically handle all guest complaints, refer to General Manager when necessary.
- Foster a strong and continuous line of communication between guest, clients and all departmental staff.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other units of the hotel
- To assist, as directed, to prepare annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the General Manager with the assistance of the property Controller.
- Manage the sales and marketing budgets.
- To continually monitor, manage and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual budget.
- To implement and monitor a forecast budget, daily, weekly, monthly and annual.
- Maintain and monitor statistical data with focus on business trends in conjunction with the Revenue Manager
- To maintain and monitor time logs for all hourly Sale team members to ensure proper scheduling and breaks, and accuracy of records and to properly document Personnel/Payroll transactions, as directed, for processing.
- To organize and run all Sales Meetings
- To meet established deadlines to accurately complete all weekly, monthly and daily reports including any other miscellaneous reports, as directed.
- To develop and maintain a strong working relationship with representatives of companies in outside markets to promote business
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and request in a timely and professional manner.
- To promote and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of all work areas at all times.
- Focus on safety and the following of safe work practices by yourself and those under your direction. Including compliance with company safety standards, and state and local regulations that pertain to your department and conduct departmental safety training for all new Sales employees, before they begin work.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Hotel Management, or equivalent experience required.
- Must have minimum five years’ experience in Sales in the hotel industry, including at least three years in group sales and wholesale market in a hotel of comparable quality, and at least one- year supervisory experience.
- Requires a basic understanding of the operations of all departments in the hotel, and what role each department plays in group business.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple parties
- Self-starter, motivated and goal focused
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in Delphi. fdc
- Experience with Opera preferred
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary for the success of the hotel
- Must be able to travel at least quarterly for sales calls
- Proven ability in driving sales revenue
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Must be flexible to work long, sometimes irregular hours, to accommodate client schedules.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to travel.
- Competitive Bonus Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Free Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Time Off benefits
- Employee discount for stays at hotels within Sightline Hospitality's expanding portfolio
Holiday Inn Express Waikiki is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. M/F/D/V/SO