Completes all accounting functions in a timely and accurate manner, to include: month end close, direct billing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, data entry, recordkeeping, file maintenance, deposits and provide financial reports for Hotel and other administrative duties as needed.
Associates may be required to work mostly day shifts Monday – Friday. Occasional weekends may be needed for inventory and month end or payroll duties as business demands.
- High School Diploma.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school with focus in accounting; or 4 years accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to communicate verbally (including heavy telephone contact) with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Must have a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets in Windows.
- Must be able to type 30 wpm and have 10 key experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to manage time, be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Posts checks, electronic fund transfers and credit card deposits received through the mail.
- Enters cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by guest.
- Ensures daily mailing and emailing of all invoices with complete back-up detail.
- Creates, obtains and mails invoice copies as requested by the guest.
- Maintains canceled check file for operating accounts.
- Researches and processes guest claims.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns and bad checks.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries, resolves disputes and follows up as necessary.
- Calls and/or mails correspondence to guests as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Monitors guest ledger accounts on a regular basis to ensure timely billing.
- Monitors accounts receivable aging ledger and ensures accounts are current. Maintains detailed files to support all current accounts and those which are past due to aid credit and collection efforts.
- Processes past due accounts for collection in accordance with established policy by making collection calls and using local credit agencies.
- Recommends accounts to be written off and submits to Controller for approval. Ensures the maintenance of a write-off file for future reference.
- Reviews future banquet and group functions booked. Actively participates in weekly update meetings notifying department managers of credit issues with regard to these groups by running CITY reports weekly.
- Reviews all work transferred by night audit from the guest ledger to the city ledger.
- Responsible for preparing and distributing the daily & weekly manager’s reports.
- Tracks revenue from sales tax, transient occupancy tax, in house movies, credit card transactions, and food and beverage transactions for month end reconciliation.
- Process credit card payments for third party authorizations.
- Assist in completing cash deposits for Hotel.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventories including journal entries.
- Responsible for researching accounting information in storage.
- Assist in month end closing journal entries and reports.
- Assist in balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with Accounts Payable in Birchstreet Invoice Management System.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable statements on a monthly basis and resolves any discrepancies.
- Assist with Payroll, including acting as back up for the Payroll position for vacations and other vacancies.
- Complete all calculations and submit payments for Occupancy and Sales tax payments on a monthly basis.
- Report Over and Short discrepancies to department heads and Human Resources.
- Review banquet bar requisitions and theoretical revenues for accuracy and report discrepancies.
- Responsible for special projects or any other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing storage of accounting records.
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)