A Personal Concierge is responsible for assisting guests with various tasks related to their visit and for providing information about the hotel and the local vicinity in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Personal Concierge, you would be responsible for assisting guests with various tasks related to their visit and for providing information about the hotel and the local vicinity in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Contacts guests through TWS pre-arrival email process and pre-arrival phone calls to welcome the guest and ascertain their needs and special arrangements, as well as their arrival time. The Personal Concierge will ensure that all relevant departments are advised of the guest’s history and requests/preferences prior to arrival.
• Coordinates and responds to all guest requests by assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
• Confirms all guest requests via email and/or phone call at least three days prior to arrival and ensures all hotel operating departments have relevant guest information to deliver True Waldorf Service that creates unique guest memories.
• Provides a warm and personal welcome experience to guests to give them a sense of “we’ve been expecting you.” Communicates with other departments through discrete radio communication with the valet, doorperson,bellperson and front desk staff.
• Completes the pre-registration and registration process for all TWS guests and coordinates arrival services if “after hours.”
• Prioritizes daily room assignments for all TWS guests and makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs/requests.
• As appropriate, the TWS guest’s room/suite will be pre-blocked three days prior to arrival.
• Escorts the guest to their room/suite, and provides an orientation of the room/suite’s services and amenities offered.
• Reviews and confirms all guest requests to ensure accuracy, and communicates all appropriate changes as needed.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The stunning Arizona Biltmore boasts a glittering history and service that sparkles; all set within 39 glistening acres in the heart of Phoenix. With eight pools, two championship golf courses, a spa and event space overlooking lush gardens and surrounding mountains — it’s little wonder they call us the ‘Jewel of the Desert’.
A favorite vacation retreat of U.S. presidents and legendary film stars since 1929, Arizona Biltmore - a Waldorf Astoria Resort is one of the few hotels worldwide with an architectural imprint left by respected American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. The hotel has recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment; come and see what we’ve done with the place.
Mission-style furnishings and Art Deco lighting in our rooms, suites and cottages reveal the property’s architectural heritage, while the calming décor reflects the Sonoran desert that surrounds us. Watch the sunset from your private patio with a legendary Tequila Sunrise from the Wright Bar, first mixed by an Arizona Biltmore bartender during the late 1930s.
Our resort received the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award for outstanding traveler reviews.