Job Description SummaryProvides work direction and supervision in Engineering and repair work of the casino facilities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Maintains operating condition of casino buildings and equipment, and completes simple repairs.
- Uses knowledge of fundamental mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting and plumbing.
- Receives and looks over all Engineering Request Forms to decide problem and resolution, and delegates assignments.
- Aids in planning of casino projects, remodeling, expansions and monitors jobs completed by outside contractors.
- Supervises Property Engineering Department and delegates and assigns duties as needed.
- Must be able to follow safety guidelines and work closely with Safety Coordinator to make sure all safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Operates common hand or power tools.
- Provides excellent guest service to both guest and internal clients.
- Must adhere to all Tribal Ordinance, Regulations, and the ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Engineering Supervisor
- Engineer I, Engineer II, Engineer III
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing issues and resolving conflicts.
- Purchase Requisitions
- HR forms
GAMING EXPERIENCE NOT REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4-5 years related experience and/or training.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. Must be able to work in a lighting subdued environment for extended periods of time. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions to include extreme heat and cold weather.
- Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.