Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. The Hyatt Shared Service Center provides accounting support for over 150 Hyatt Hotels in North America and Latin America. Some of the accounting functions are: billing customer service, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales and use tax, payroll, and treasury. However, the functions the Hyatt Shared Service Center supports continues to grow.
Hyatt colleagues enjoy the following benefits: health and welfare programs, Hyatt Retirement Savings Plan, education assistance, advancement opportunities, community involvement, and a colleague stock purchasing program. All colleagues are eligible for discounted rates and up to 12 comp rooms after 12 months of employment.
The Income Journal Accountant is responsible for assisting the Income Journal Global Process Director. The Income Journal Acct. will work with Hyatt Hotel properties and oversee the Income Journal process and assist hotel accounting operations with income journal processes and source systems configurations The ideal candidate will be able to assist the hotel accounting department by being the subject matter expert on hotel accounting income journal processes and systems such as Oracle Financials and Hyperion. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for delivering Hyatt Shared Service Center (HSSC) income journal processes, application re-engineering support, and consulting with hotel accounting staff by providing expert advice on HSSC income journal processes to ensure hotels are in compliance with shared services accounting.
- Monthly Audits of Income Journal Reconciliations
- Gives feedback of the outcome and suggestions on improvements required, monthly reports submitted to judge changes and improve results of Genpact IJ
- Review of Clearing Accounts Monthly
- Has an action plan and discussion\meetings with hotel to resolve\reduce variances for future
- Reviews mapping requests on a daily basis to ensure follow policy, account setup and reviews with hotels if required
- Work with IJ Analysts and Genpact on upcoming hotels to ensure mapping is completed and all setup is completed in Oracle
- Develop Job Aides\training material to assist Hotel and Genpact with daily and monthly procedures
- Review of incoming text files to post to Oracle if required discuss changes in file with Vendor to meet load requirements.
- Works directly with installers Opera, Micros and Hotel to ensure setup is correct
- Regular attendance is expected based on schedule and business needs
- Participation in employee events, onsite meetings, hotel visits and industry conferences is expected
- Work well with others at all levels of the organization
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
- 1-2 years Hotel Accounting experience or 1-2 Years of HOtel Shared Service Experience
- Knowledge of Shared Services and BPO operations
- Understanding of Hyatt's business and strategy
- Proficient in finance and accounting roles and responsibilities
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- 2 year College degree in Hospitality Administration, Accounting, Finance or Business. (Preferred)
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Experience with Hotel Daily Report and Hyperion is preferred
- Oracle GL experience preferred
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Maintain a work environment that is comfortable, user-friendly, and organized
- Ability to adapt to new demands, reprioritize workload and address urgent demands quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to all associates and all internal/external resources
- Eagerness and ability to learn new skills, technologies and business processes quickly
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and across all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work inclusively, but also be able to work independently and without excessive supervision \
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential employee information
- Attention to detail