Posted April 8, 2021Kansas City Chiefs
JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time sales position with Arrowhead Events, the in-house event sales department, that focuses on the Small Market (events for less than 1,500 people). The primary objective is to sell non-game day events within and around Arrowhead Stadium, to generate profitable revenues for the organization.
The person selected for this position will focus sales tasks on fulfilling the business plan objectives established for the department. More specifically, the Event Sales Representative will assist the department with a wide variety of sales activities to include:
• Conduct sales calls.
• Quickly and professionally respond to inquiries.
• Generate leads.
• Manage client accounts via Ungerboeck Software.
• Learn product and be able to speak knowledgeably to potential customers.
• Facilitate site tours.
• Generate event proposals and contracts.
• Represent the organization at trade-shows and community events.
• Assist with the creation of promotional concepts for both direct client communications, as well as, digital and print advertising.
• Assist with large department events like the Fantasy Football Draft, Arrowhead 5K, Client Appreciation receptions, etc.
• Provide prompt, accurate, courteous service while hosting existing and potential clients during home football games.
• Work closely with the Event Service team to ensure successful client events.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and abilities:
• Professional approach that represents the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club and Arrowhead Events in an exemplary manner
• Knowledge of the hospitality industry and specifically the local and regional market
• Understanding of booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market
• Able to conduct research and understand demand generators, new business sources, and how to utilize the Internet as a prospecting tool
• Involved in the community and able to effectively network, develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers
• Able to develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition
• Able to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposal and closes
• Research each customer’s business, hospitality needs, identify who to talk to and how to get sales closed
• Exercise creativity, discretion, and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer’s taste
• Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems
• Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business
• Account management by maintaining current accounts and leveraging existing client relationships to uncover new business opportunities
• Focused on the ability to achieve customer satisfaction
• Reliable transportation daily
1. Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
2. Individuals must possess excellent listening, oral and written communication skills, as well as, exemplary negotiation and closing skills.
3. Use of analytical skills to identify and improve performance and execution will be necessary.
4. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
5. Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe.
6. Work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal.
7. Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills. Knowledge of Ungerboeck Software is a plus, but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Light office duties and activities, to include, but not limited to the use of a computer, calculator, telephone and other office equipment.
2. Some extensive walking.
3. Occasionally long periods of standing.
4. Local travel for outside sales calls; may require some travel outside the local area.
5. The work involves some exposure to extreme temperatures.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
Interview expenses such as travel, etc. are the responsibility of the candidate. Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the Event Sales Representative. All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
Maximum of 29 hours per week, primarily between 8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Will be required to work most, if not all, home games. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
1. Yes/No: Do you understand this is a part-time sales position that will be scheduled for no more than 29 hours per week?
2. Yes/No: Do you have event sales experience? If yes, please explain.
3. What skill do you need to get better at, and what are you doing about that?
4. Yes/No: Are you available for weekend and evening work, if necessary?
5. Which is the best mode of communication with a prospective client: telephone or e-mail?
6. What do you hope to find with this job, that you haven’t found in your previous employment?
7. What computer software are you familiar with?
8. What three areas of your job do you like the most?
9. What would your supervisor identify as your weaknesses?
10. If considered, what is your availability for a phone and/or in-person interview? (Example: Mon, Tues, Wed between 12 PM
– 3 PM)
*Note, applications will not be viewed on this platform. If you would like to be considered for this position, please be sure to submit your resume, cover letter and responses to the questions by following this link: https://us59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/kccfc/Posting/View/293
One Arrowhead Drive
Kansas City, MO 64129