Posted May 9, 2021Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Position Summary: Performs repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
• Perform and document preventive maintenance program according to brand standards.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
• Ensure that all guest rooms are rentable on a daily basis.
• Check and make repairs to plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Check and make repairs to electrical systems such as lighting systems, television sets and kitchen equipment.
• Perform repairs to building, furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, etc., as needed; may perform painting tasks.
• Perform basic trouble shooting and repair of HVAC equipment.
• Ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and that preventive maintenance measures are performed to preserve the hotel and keep product quality to standard.
• Respond in a courteous manner to guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Respond in a timely manner to all work orders.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds; push and pull 100 pounds.
• Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with Employee Handbook. Employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
• Wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
• Other duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable of performing.
• Will be asked to train new employees
• Must have a positive attitude
• High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years related experiences or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of standard practices in maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components
• Willing to work all shifts including: weekends, holidays, evenings, and 24-hour emergency on call
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to access confined spaces - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95 NC is conveniently located off I-95 at exit 97and Business Hwy 70, halfway between New York and Florida. Shop at Carolina Premium Outlets or visit the Ava Gardner Museum. Explore Civil War history, visit the Bentonville Battlefield State Historic Site. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® gives you confidence that your trip will be a success because we consistently deliver a hotel experience that's just right. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff is available to help 24 hours a day. Take advantage of our complimentary amenities including hot breakfast, in-room high-speed Internet and Wi-Fi in the lobby. Enjoy comfortable and spacious guest rooms that allow you to work and relax. Or work off some steam in our pool and exercise room. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Smithfield Selma/I-95 NC provides everything you need to make the most out of your stay.