As a Bartender, provide friendly, responsive and consistent service to create a beyond expectation food and beverage experience for all guests. To actively participate as a team and use core values and service expectations listed in the Kalahari Promise daily.
License/Permits Required: Must be least 21 years of age. State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of an alcohol awareness/safety class as well as state-certified proper food handling certification.
Required Skills: Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write short correspondence. Must have a good understanding of basic math skills. Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or Software: Ability to operate a cash register, Micros terminal, Phone system, POS system, beverage dispenser, Berg, & Liquor Gun System.
Previous Experience Required: General food and beverage knowledge involving at least 2 years of front-of-the-house operations is preferred.
- Must be able to work on your feet and in a constant motion for long periods of times (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Have the ability to take several drink and food orders at once.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Have a working knowledge of beer, wine, and liquor, common drink recipes and methods of preparation.
- Answer questions about food, beverage, restaurant functions, services, and resort services and activities.
- Prepare drinks with Kalahari recipes and quantity specifications and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment. Stock cabinets and shelves with supplies as needed.
- Monitor and observe guests beverage and dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food, beverage, and service.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges, or make change if applicable.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow associates (bartenders, barbacks, servers, bussers, host/hostess, and management) as situations rise.
- Provide service to the cocktail servers, waiters, barbacks, banquet staff, and lounge personnel when needed.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, associates and guests.
- Be aware of guests’ rate of consumption of alcohol and its effect and take immediate corrective action to help the guest as well as to protect the interest of Kalahari Resorts and its associates.
- Follow all laws pertaining to Alcohol Sales and Guest Safety.
- Maintain bar area; including keeping the bar top/counters and well area neat and organized, ashtrays emptied and wiped out, dirty cocktail glasses removed, washed and sterilized; any napkins, coasters, straws or discarded garnishes cleaned up.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and provide a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors when appropriate.
- Assist in restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Assist with ongoing projects, additional job duties as assigned through managers.