As a Server, provide friendly, responsive service to create a beyond expectation dining experience for all guests. To actively participate as a team and use core values and service expectations listed in the Kalahari Promise daily.
Required Skills: Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write short correspondence. Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must have a good understanding of basic math skills. Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or Software: Ability to operate a cash register, Micros terminal, Phone system, & POS system.
Previous Experience Required: General food and beverage knowledge involving at least 1 year of front-of-the-house operations is preferred. Prior restaurant experience in a full-service restaurant is a must or background in the service industry is a plus. Ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must be able to work on your feet and in a constant motion for long periods of times (up to 5 hours).
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and balance trays frequently.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Greet guests, inform them of specials, provide menu tours, and recommend items you genuinely feel guests will enjoy and menu changes.
- Answer questions about food, beverage, restaurant functions, services, and resort services and activities.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in the POS system.
- Deliver food and beverage orders from kitchen and bar in a timely manner.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment. Stock cabinets and shelves with supplies as needed.
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized service area.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food, beverage, and service.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges, or make change if applicable.
- Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow associates (servers, bussers, host/hostess, and management) as situations rise.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition by handling the equipment per instruction.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, associates and guests.
- Follow all laws pertaining to Alcohol Sales and Guest Safety.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and provide a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Participate in training classes and all Daily Promise shift meetings & pre-meal service meetings.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors when appropriate.
- Assist with ongoing projects, additional job duties as assigned through managers.