To assist the Food and Beverage Management Team with administrative duties and reporting to allow them to work in and on their specific outlets.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. 1 to 2 years Executive or General Secretarial or Administrative Assistant Diploma helpful.
License/Permits Required: Valid driver’s license required and must be least 21 years of age. State or Local Law may require a certificate upon completion of an alcohol awareness/safety class as well as state-certified proper food handling certification.
Required Skills: Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively. Bi-lingual skills are preferred but not required. Ability to calculate figures amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume helpful. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry helpful. High level of organization needed with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or Software: Ability to operate a Phone system and other types of restaurant and kitchen equipment are helpful. Computer skills such as MS Word, MS Excel are needed.
Previous Experience Required: 2 years experience in restaurant, bar, banquet kitchen, hotel, or resort environment helpful.
- Must be able to frequently communicate and develop rapport with guests and associates and have a working relationship with the resort management team.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times (up to 5 hours)
- Must be able to frequently move throughout the resort in order to have access to all food and beverage outlets/venues in a large resort.
- Must be able to occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to frequently climb, balance, dance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Special vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment that is constantly changing based on room occupancy and group business.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Become knowledgeable in all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs for all food and beverage outlets within the Resort.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, food and beverage outlets/venues, associates and guests.
- Assist F&B Director in carrying out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns and when applicable, get proper approvals from Corporate Marketing and/or Owner of Kalahari Resorts to ensure it meets Resort standards.
- Work in concert with the Executive Chef and kitchen team to ensure back-of-the-house needs are being met.
- Participate in training classes and all Daily Promise shift meetings, “luau” meetings, pre-meal service meetings, orientation meetings, BEO meetings, F&B meetings, and Manager meetings.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Food and Beverage Director when appropriate.
- Ensure friendly and courteous customer relations at all times, identifying and welcoming current patrons and work to identify and grow future business through guest relations.
- Assist F&B Director with the online Digital Alchemy Reports as well as guest comment cards; communicate any deficiencies or guest comments to the staff and respond to the guest when necessary with heartfelt actions in a timely manner.
- Assist F&B Director with operational guidelines for the F&B teams, and communication to other departments.
- Produce daily reports such as: ADP/Labor, Purchase Orders, Cost/Transfer Sheets and Invoices in accordance with resort policies.
- Produce weekly reports for all outlets such as: Sales/Labor and Purchases Snapshot, updated inventory/ordering/accounting worksheets, Micro Sales, and Theoretical COS Reports.
- Produce monthly reports such as: Theoretical COS Report, comparisons to actual COS, and monthly inventory.
- Provide manager reminders and paperwork processing such as: performance reviews due, new hire/termed associate paperwork, appointments, messages, spreadsheets, files.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail for the Food and Beverage Director.
- Assist in answering telephone calls from in-house guests and associates and guest/customer calls coming in from outside of the Resort.
- Place office supply orders for the entire resort.
- Keep an open line of communication with all departments and keep them posted on what is happening in the department.
- Assist in additional duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Director.