The Guest Service Manager is responsible for the resort-wide, overall levels of Guest Satisfaction. The Guest Service Manager directly supervises the Bell Staff and Concierge team. The Guest Service Manager is a working supervisor in respects to all departments and works in partnership with the Front Office Manager to achieve desired results.
Directly supervises, Door/Bell, and Concierge staff in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education Requirements: Minimum four (4) years of previous Front Office and/or Guest Service supervisory experience with at least two (2) years of this experience in a progressive management level. Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, business management or a related field is preferred but not required.
License/Permits Required: Valid driver’s license.
Required Skills: Formal training or hands-on education in hotel management and operations is required. Proven proficiency is expected in all skill sets.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or SoftwareMust be proficient in Windows software and company approved spreadsheets.
Previous Experience Required: Experience with properties (Hotels and Resorts) in excess of 500 rooms preferred. Have a broad understanding of the tourism industry and the day-to-day functions of all aspects of a resort.
Guest Service Manager Job Expectations Continued:
- Flexible and long hours required.
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and intermediate arithmetic functions.
Guest Service Job Expectations continued:
Essential Duties & Functions
Establish and maintain attentive, friendly courteous and efficient guest hospitality.
Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservation, other Resort departments, comment cards, the Digital Alchemy, letters and/or phone calls in an attentive, efficient, and courteous manner. Follow up to ensure excellent guest satisfaction.
Prepare associate schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
Administer Payroll change forms and Payroll through applicable time and attendance software.
Ensure no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
Perform all Front Desk, Concierge, Bell Staff and PBX positions, when needed.
Operate all aspects of the front office system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
Maintain constant communication with Housekeeping, Laundry, Reservations, and Food and Beverage departments.
Maintain lobby and front desk presence during peak hours and as needed.
Monitor model rooms.
Schedule, manage and perform group tours as needed.
Serve as the Resort Group Coordinator, ensuring all BEOs are completed to Guest and Resort satisfaction.
- Implement and insure prompt and courteous service to our Guests and monitor the compliance of established standards.
- Manage associates to assure they provide service in accordance with the standards and take action to correct deficiencies.
- Prepare work schedules and delegate work and station assignments.
- Prepare associate performance evaluations and disciplinary notices.
- Manage the utilization and proper interpretation of the established HR policies and procedures and assure consistent application by all associates.
- Inspect and monitor cleanliness of Resort and comply with safety and health code regulations.
- Greet and communicate with Guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Resolve Guest complaints
Proficiently operate POS systems, PMS systems, PBX systems, Inventory Systems, and office computer systems.
- Monitor staffing levels and make adjustments according to business levels and conditions.
- Identify, evaluate and develop strategies to enhance Resort revenue and increase profitability and guest satisfaction.