Responsible for providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests over the telephone; during check-in and at check-out, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. Will also be responsible for distributing guest requests to the proper departments (i.e. Housekeeping or Maintenance requests.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
License/Permits Required: None needed.
Required Skills: Computer experience required and previous customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or SoftwareMust be proficient in Windows software.
Previous Experience Required: High School Diploma or experience in related field and/or experience in a hotel or resort helpful.
Physical Requirements: Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Kalahari Resort standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the resort.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform, nametag, Promise button, when working.
- Comply at all times with Kalahari Resort standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient resort operations.
- Associates are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests. Managers and fellow associates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room, cabana, and bungalow reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system, copiers, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions at the resort.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups and activities.
- Follow and enforce all Kalahari Resort cash handling and credit/debit policies.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the resort.
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient, courteous and confidential manner based on resort standards.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
- Log all guests’ requests for service and follow through to ensure satisfaction.
- Answer guest inquiries about resort services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates or minimums.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other associates.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- The ability to be proactive, flexible and take on the most effective roll at any given time.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.