The Valet Person is responsible for welcoming guests in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner and provides them with a positive first impression while parking their vehicle for the day or overnight. They are also responsible for providing assistance in and out of the resort as needed and assist with transportation needs.
Education Requirements: A high school diploma or equivalent or experience in related field.
License/Permits Required: Valid driver’s license and accepted by Kalahari Resort insurance.
Required Skills: Experience in operating various types of transportation vehicles, automatic and manual included.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or SoftwareNone required.
Previous Experience Required: Hotel, resort or a related field would be preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force continually to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of up to 70 pounds and the pushing and maneuvering of loaded bell carts through crowded areas.
- Ability to walk quickly in order to assist our Guests with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Requires standing, walking, running and being on feet for entire shift.
- Requires ability to constantly go back and forth between working outdoors in all weather conditions to indoors.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must have basic understanding and knowledge of resort-wide features, amenities, hours of operations, rates, etc. and be able to convey this information to Guests.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well under stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective in listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by other associates and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Kalahari Resort standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform, promise button, and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Kalahari Resort standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires and current Associates on a regular basis.
- Load and unload luggage carts and assist guests with the tagging, storing, and retrieving of luggage.
- Assist guests with cabs and other transportation requirements.
- Call the valet for valet cars or park cars, if applicable (Ohio)
- Open vehicle and hotel doors and greet arriving and departing guests.
- Respond to guest questions and answer information on local attractions, events and daily activities in the hotel.
- When providing service recommendations, suggest on-site resort services first before offering other suggestions, unless specifically asked about an off-site venue.
- Be aware of VIP and repeat guests; greet them by name if known.
- Announce departing shuttles.
- Maintain cleanliness of motor entrance and front door.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as required by management.