As a Bartender, provide friendly, responsive and consistent service to create a beyond expectation food and beverage experience for all guests. To actively participate as a team and use core values and service expectations listed in the Kalahari Promise daily.
License/Permits Required: Must be least 21 years of age.
Required Skills: Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, as well as interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information. Ability to operate a Phone system, POS system, Micros System, & beverage dispenser.
Previous Experience Required: General food and beverage knowledge involving at least 2 years of front-of-the-house operations is preferred. Prior restaurant/bartender/lounge experience in a full-service restaurant or beverage venue is a must and/or background in the service industry is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times.
- Must be able to regularly lift and balance trays and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Greet guests immediately, inform them of specials, provide menu and beverage tours, and recommend items/drinks you genuinely feel guests will enjoy and advise on menu changes.
- Have a working knowledge of beer, wine, and liquor, common drink recipes and methods of preparation.
- Answer guest questions about department and resort wide amenities.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in the point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Have the ability to take several drink and food orders at once.
- Prepare drinks with Kalahari recipes and quantity specifications and deliver food and beverage orders with appropriate service trays to guests in a timely manner.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized service area. Stock cabinets and shelves with supplies as needed.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges, or make change if applicable.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow associates (bartenders, barbacks, servers, bussers, host/hostess, and management) as situations rise.
- Maintain bar area; including keeping the bar top/counters and well area neat and organized, ashtrays emptied and wiped out, dirty cocktail glasses removed, washed and sterilized; any napkins, coasters, straws or discarded garnishes cleaned up.
- Assist in restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Provide service to the cocktail servers, waiters, barbacks, banquet staff, and lounge personnel when needed.
- Cash out at end of each shift.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, associates and guests.
- Be aware of guests’ rate of consumption of alcohol and its effect and take immediate corrective action to help the guest as well as to protect the interest of Kalahari Resorts and its associates.
- Follow all laws pertaining to Alcohol Sales and Guest Safety.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and provide a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors when appropriate.
- Assist with ongoing projects, additional job duties as assigned through managers.