Responsible for the cleaning of equipment and all general areas in the waterpark both during and after hours, and is expected to maintain a high level of sanitation and cleanliness throughout the waterpark, pools, shower areas, and bathrooms. 3rd Shift position
Required Skills: Knowledge of waterpark operations and/or hotel housekeeping knowledge are helpful. Must be detail oriented, be a self-motivator, and a team player. Must be able to work independently with little supervision. Previous experience with cleaning equipment, such as gas and electric power washers, is helpful.
Previous Experience Required:
A cleaning position in a large waterpark, recreational facility, or hotel/resort is helpful.
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to occasionally work in outdoor hot/humid weather conditions as well as indoor warm/humid environments.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Heavy work -- exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and /or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be effective in handling problems in stressful, high-pressure situations, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment that is constantly changing based on room occupancy, group and local business.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, safety guidelines and training programs for all waterpark venues.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and safe and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Fully understand and comply with all Federal, State, County and Municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of waterpark outlets/venues, associates and guests.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all utility work areas.
- Heavy duty cleaning of all walls, floors, stairs, chairs, tables, restrooms, waterpark attractions and other applicable equipment -- both indoor and outdoor (when applicable).
- Understand operating instructions, hazardous material warnings, and maintain all cleaning equipment and supplies such as Gas and/or Electric Power Washers, Floor Scrubbers, Mops/Buckets, Gas mask, Muriatic acid, and bleach.
- Assure that proper cleaning supplies are used when cleaning floors.
- Assure waterpark area floors are clean of dirt and grime and debris.
- Wash and/or Power Wash when applicable, all floors in waterpark areas.
- Keep management informed of shortage of equipment and supplies.
- Empty trash and keep trashcans clean and sweep and mop waterpark areas.
- Assist other Park Keepers as required.
- Participate in Daily Promise shift meetings and attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Ensure friendly and courteous customer relations at all times; identify and welcome current patrons.
- Keep an open line of communication with all departments and keep them posted on what is happening in the department.
- Other duties assigned by the Waterpark Manager.