Complex Senior Marketing Manager will be based out of W Boston and supporting W Boston, Westin Copley Place and The Ritz-Carlton Boston.
Develops and implements marketing strategies designed to achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet (non-room revenue) goals for departments including, but not limited to, spa, food and beverage, retail, concierge, and front office. Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests. Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy. Liaises with key departmental leaders and teams to assist with developing and implementing marketing plans and goals. Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals. Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years' experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Marketing Activities to Achieve Departmental Goals
• Implements regular tracking of initiatives to determine results.
• Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy.
• Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests including, but not limited to: AstroVision, Janus, plasma screens, front desk electronic signage, in-room and in-hotel collateral, iConnect, entertainment guides, duratrans, pole banners, on-hold messages, in-room videos, transportation videos, wayfinding, fast maps, key cards, etc.).
Developing and Implementing Marketing Strategies
• Liaises with key operators of each department to determine goals and marketing needs.
• Liaises with hotel Director of Public Relations to provide communications tools as needed for the implementation of local/regional publicity and promotions initiatives.
• Works with brand Vice Presidents and Brand Marketing Managers to assist with implementation of brand leisure transient and group market strategies at hotel level as needed.
• Coordinates and implements Strategic Alliance partner marketing program elements.
• Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals.
• Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
• Liaises with brand VPs for all local/regional media needs related to non-rooms revenue initiatives.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Directs the work of employees.
• Sets and adjusts employees' rates of pay and hours of work.
• Handles employee complaints and executes disciplinary action as needed.
• Evaluates employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
MIRJMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Revel in Boston’s iconic spectacles from the city’s pulsating Theatre District. Home to W Boston, just a short stroll from the historical Boston Common, it infuses the city’s celebrated history with the buzz of bold boutiques and dynamic nightlife.
Savor the tastes of our vibrant Market inspired by Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Hang out in the visionary W Lounge then recharge with an energizing workout at SWEAT® and detoxifying treatment at Bliss® Spa.
Bask in our 235 guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the ever-evolving scene below. Or put on your own show with the fully wired technology and top entertainment—our Whatever/Whenever® service will make sure you have everything you need.