Provide courteous prompt service for co-workers in a friendly manor. Maintain a clean and well stocked buffet to include all food, plates and utensils. Properly account for all associates that dine for each meal period, marking meal cards appropriately. Keep accurate records of all associates that dine in each meal period for record-keeping. Ensure all unused food is properly counted and reported to main kitchen culinary team. Maintain all tables as needed, ensuring all associates are cleaning after themselves.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Restaurant, fast-food venue, and/or hotel and resort experience is helpful.
License/Permits Required: None
Required Skills: Must be able to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have good understanding of basic math skills. Must be able to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the Resort.
Knowledge of Computer Hardware or Software: None.
Previous Experience Required: General food and beverage knowledge involving at least 1 year of front-of-the-house operations is helpful. Background in the service industry is a plus.
Employee Dining Room Attendant Job Expectations continued:
- Must be able to work in a stationary position for long periods of times (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to frequently climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and balance trays frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Must be able to work with basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must be able to work well in stressful situations.
Employee Dining Room Attendant Job Expectations continued:
Essential Duties & Functions
- Ensure that all employees feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Must be able to greet guests with energy, a genuine smile, positive body language, focused eye contact, and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain constant communication between cooks/chefs on orders.
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized service area, including cafeteria tables and service/condiment stations using proper food-handling and sanitation regulations.
- Be conscious of food cost at all times not wasting or pre-plating too much food or mishandling items.
- Be available to fill in as needed to help other associates and to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the nearby restaurants as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Assist with clearing trays from hallways, guest walkways, guest rooms, and/or storage closets.
- Assist with dishwasher/utility duties when needed.
- Be able to understand the basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Remove garbage throughout the shift and at the end of the shift.
- Consistently check freshness dates on wrapped/packaged foods and rotate inventory according to food and beverage handling specifications.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition by handling the equipment per instruction following the food venue's preventative maintenance programs.
- Constantly observe counters and seating areas outside of the café or venue for cleanliness and clear garbage using the proper sanitation methods to clean counters and table space.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and provide a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Participate in training classes and all Daily Promise shift meetings and pre-meal service meetings.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Supervisors/Managers when appropriate.
- Ensure friendly and courteous customer relations at all times, identifying and welcoming current patrons and work to identify and grow future business through guest relations.
- Keep an open line of communication with all departments and keep them posted on what is happening in the department.
- Protect dining rooms, café area, venue and guest room assets by adhering to security policies and procedures.
- Signage, posters, and promotional materials should not be displayed in dining/café areas unless authorized by the Concession/Promotions Managers, the F&B Director, and/or the Corporate Marketing Manager.
- Assist with ongoing projects, additional job duties as assigned through managers.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AS STATED ABOVE AND ACCEPT THAT ANY OF THE TASKS MAY BE MODIFIED OR CHANGED. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR KNOWING THE MODIFICATIONS AND / OR CHANGES IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION. I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB AS LISTED ABOVE, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.