Posted May 6, 2021Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Develops detailed "shut down" procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
• Comply with applicable laws and safety regulations.
• Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Incorporate into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follow Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
• Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Along Hawaii Island's sun-kissed leeward coast, Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa overlooks the Pacific from a dramatic lava cliff shoreline. Centrally located with easy access to the Big Island's greatest adventures, the revitalized Sheraton Kona is ideally located for family vacations or dreamy Hawaiian honeymoons. With Hawaii Volcanoes National Park a drivable distance away (click here for daily eruption updates) and diverse landscapes at every turn, this Kona Coast is where you belong. Learn about all there is to explore on this amazing island from helpful Vacation Services Coordinators in The Flying Fish. Enjoy the fun of our massive fantasy pool, slide, and waterfalls and indulge in luxurious oceanside spa treatments.
Start the day with a cup of Kona coffee, refresh with a tropical smoothie at Holua and enjoy dinner and oceanfront sunset at Rays on the Bay, the only restaurant in the world with viewing of manta rays in their natural habitat. Our Web Calendar provides more information about what is happening during your stay with us.
Come to the heart of Hawaii. Be inspired. Be adventurous. Be Kona.
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay honors the culture, history, and people of Hawaii. By sharing stories of the land through personal connections, art, and cuisine guests are left with a profound sense of place that lasts a lifetime. This is "makana," our gift to you.
Historical Keauhou By Land & Sea
Embrace the land and honor historic sites on property then set sail aboard a Hawaiian sailing canoe.
Kini Kini Hawaiian Sailing Canoe - An Exclusive Sheraton Kona Experience
Learn the myths, legends, and facts of Hawaii's Kings, Queens and gods as the Kini Kini Hawaiian Sailing Canoe plies the waters of Keauhou Bay
Journey around Hawaii Island Orientation (complimentary)
Get an overview of the island and the best things to do and see while you are here. Meet our Vacation Services Coordinators for this daily orientation at 8:30am in The Flying Fish so that you may enjoy every moment of your island visit.
Lei Making, Ukulele and Hula Lessons (complimentary)
There is nothing quite like hands-on learning - and what you learn you remember. So don't be shy! Join us each Monday, Wednesday and Friday near The Flying Fish for Lei Making at 10:30am, Ukulele lessons at 11:30am, Hula lessons at 11:30am and then everyone joins together for an impromptu performance at noon. Now this is FUN!
Other cultural experiences include lauhala bracelet weaving (Thursdays 2-3:30pm $20), Haleo Luau, the Voice of Life Luau dinner and show (Monday evenings), Imu underground oven preparation (8am) and uncovering (4pm) each Thursday and complimentary manta talks Monday through Saturday at 7pm at Paakai Point.