Posted May 6, 2021The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Assists in managing housekeeping functions and staff on a daily basis to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget. Responsible for inspecting areas of responsibilities and following up with a plan for improving results.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Supervises daily housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same with them.
• Schedule employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Review employee satsifaction results.
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, and experience a north Florida luxury resort where magnificent live oaks and Southern charm meet Florida’s warm ocean waves and white sand beaches. Located on a grand stretch of pristine coastline, this Amelia Island resort provides guests with an unforgettable escape. Take in ocean views from our luxury resort’s private balcony as you revel in picturesque sunsets from your suite. Rejuvenate at our on-site spa, indulge in fine dining, or play 18 holes on our private golf resort. Our Florida resort offers enjoyment for all our guests.To tour The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island luxury resort, please click to view the Photo Gallery. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is a Tier 2 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.