The General Manager Specialist has full operational and financial responsibility for a given hotel for the length of the assignment. The General Manager Specialist operates any and all hotel departments according to the Brand Standards and the directive of the Regional Manager.
- Assume the role of the General Manager at the assigned hotel.
- Have a working about assigned hotels Operating, Financial and Sales and Marketing procedures and goals.
- Complete all General Manager or Department Manager duties at the given hotel.
- Ensure compliance with QA at the assigned hotel.
- Perform QA self audits at any given hotel.
- Be a Brand Champion; support all Brand and Regional initiatives with active participation.
- Be an Ambassador for sharing best practices with all the hotels in the Region.
- Conduct region/area wide training for new initiatives and current Brand Standards for Operations Managers.
- Participate and support the Region’s Specialist Team initiatives.
- Provide a model behavior for guest service at the given hotel. Extend professional courtesy to all guests.
- Support or create SMART Guest Service goals and post expectations and results visible to all associates.
- Respond to all guest service issues and inquiries in a professional timely manner.
- Provide Service Training by delivering the Brand specific Service Training modules.
- Support or create Associate Satisfaction goals of the hotel by monitoring compliance of the hotel’s action steps.
- Conduct Associate Satisfaction or Pulse Surveys.
- Support or implement the New Associate Welcome / Orientation and training process.
- Support or create Operations Managers technical and leadership skill development plans.
- Ensure Brand Standard Service training compliance.
- Provide Benefits information by using tools available in MyHR Website.
- Support Marriott’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy
- Conduct weekly Leadership Staff Meetings.
Financial and Administrating Responsibilities
- Review or create the given hotel’s financial reports: Budget, Profit and Loss Statement, Labor Statistics, Distribution Summary, Food and Beverage Recap, Wage progress and Forecast Reports. Support current or create financial action steps to achieve the hotel’s goals.
- Complete or review the given hotel’s Period End Critique document. Prepare for and Participate in the Period End Critique process with the Regional Director, Owner/ Asset Manager.
- Review or create the given hotel’s compliance with all of the Marriott Corporate Accounting procedures.
- Review the assigned hotel’s ADA Plan.
- Review or create the assigned hotel’s Sales Forecast.
- Monitor the hotel’s purchases and ensure financial checkbook accounting compliance.
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
- Represent the assigned hotel in Cluster Revenue and Sales and Marketing meetings.
- Review the support the given hotel’s major accounts and current Sales and Marketing action plan.
- Monitor daily sales strategy; make recommendation to the Revenue Manager to adjust daily inventory restriction to maximize revenue.
- Review and utilize fully the assigned hotel’s sales engines.
- Have working knowledge to operate the following software:
PMS, MARSHA, Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Have working knowledge to access the following to on-line information:
OnDemand, PeopleSoft, MRDW, Marrpay, Marriott Global Source, Peoplesoft 8.8, MIFS and Marriott.com
- Produce clear, accurate and well-written documents in representation of the hotel or the Region/Area.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Comply with Marriott’s Travel and Business Expense Reimbursement Corporate Policy (MIP 44)
- Report Payroll Time Date accurately and promptly to the Payroll Administrator.
- Provide a written report of accomplishments and follow up plans and actions to each assigned hotel.
- Create yearly SMART LPP goals that support the Region and the Brand and monitor compliance.
- Solicit performance comments from visited hotels and incorporate learning in the personal development plan.