Posted June 6, 2021Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort
Supports the successful execution of all operations in the hotel operations departments (may include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area. OR • 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Operations Team
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity. • Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and communicates game plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths. • Assists in ensuring that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations. • Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm. • Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Supporting Property Operations Function(s) • Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan. • Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters. • Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns. • Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times. • Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees. • Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis. • Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals. • Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests. • Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. • Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times. • Responds timely to customer service department request. • Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
Assisting in Managing Profitability • Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD. • Ensures a viable key control program is in place. • Understands financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
Conducting Human Resources Activities • Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions. • Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors. • Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
• Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace. • Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.. • Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions. • Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values. Managing Execution • Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members. • Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required. • Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed. Building Relationships • Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships. • Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards. • Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit. • Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives. Learning and Applying Professional Expertise • Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others. • Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges. • Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Detail Orientation - The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality. o General Hotel Operations - Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities. o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.). o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues. o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents. o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The renovated Fairfield Inn Disneyland Resort Hotel in Anaheim, California is directly across the street from the Disneyland Resort entrance. We are just a short walk to Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney District. The Anaheim Convention Center is only 3/4 of a mile from our Disneyland hotel, and the Honda Center and Angel Stadium are just a short drive away. In addition to our newly renovated standard rooms, we feature six exciting and upgraded Disney themed rooms-Mickey, Finding Nemo, Cars, Pirates, Toy Story and Princesses. As well, 80% of our rooms are connecting making us a convenient option for families. Our new lobby space features a Disney kids area and the ability to purchase discounted Park Hopper Passes at our front desk. Let our Fairfield Inn Hotel near Disneyland provide you with everything you need at an exceptional value. Note: There is NO complimentary breakfast offered at our hotel. Daily parking fee 11 USD,no RV, trailer or oversized vehicles allowed.