JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for all administrative duties associated with the Catering and Conference Services departments day to day activity including: Banquet Event Orders, monthly stats, weekly/daily event summaries, reader boards, door cards, menu packages, menu cards, purchase orders, change log and resumes as needed. Handling the digital reader board daily, ordering all supplies, answering phone calls, doing site inspections as needed/required, answering wedding leads, etc.
- Responsible for handling phone inquires with prompt handling (within the business day) of all leads, walk- ins and regular scheduled appointments for catering managers, as needed..
- Liaison with all clients and the F/B Team, Conference Services and Culinary/Kitchen staff to ensure the up to the minute communication, as needed.
- Maintain wedding data base for all weddings now and in the future with accurate revenue. Input all leads into ISAC/OPERA along with Referral Source.
- Do periodic comp set reviews for DOC, as needed..
- Maintain all files.BEO Book/Purchase Order Book.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete paperwork coordination of the event functions acting as liaison only if needed. Accurate and timely preparation of detailed banquet event orders and purchase orders. Review event orders prior to distribution to client and hotel staff. .
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients after functions
- File all banquet event orders and files after events.
- Prepare all commission statements/purchase orders/SPG Rewards Points upon the conclusion of each event that has this need.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective in listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions and meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
- Must be effective in problem solving.
- Comply with company standards and regulations.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Maintain flexible schedule as needed to promote special events.
- Weekends, evenings and Holidays may be required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- High School diploma – College preferred or work experience
- Must be able to read and write and communicate in English.
We participate in E-Verify