As the local, on property sales contact for customers, the Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and handling all revenue-related opportunities in multiple markets. Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize all revenue opportunities. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals for the hotel. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Builds the department top-line revenue by adhering to sales strategy guidelines set forth by the Director of Sales & Marketing. Identifies revenue opportunities for the hotel based on the event profile.
- Meets and exceeds individual revenue goals. Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs, and identify opportunities to up-sell products and services throughout the sales process.
- Exceeds company minimum standards with the sales process and acts as a mentor for others within this area.
- Understands the overall market in which they sell - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand, etc.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, etc.
- Conducts customer site inspections
- Excels at proactive selling. Targets key accounts, markets, or segments with a heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation. Proactively identifies, qualifies, and solicits new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. Focuses on accounts with larger potential sales revenue.
- Responds to incoming inquiries within their market segment within 4 hours.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and the hotel’s needs.
- Accurately forecasts group sleeping rooms and revenue for his/her groups prior to the turnover and continues to be a partner for this process after the turnover.
- Creates sales contracts as required.
- Comprehends budgets as needed to assist in the financial management of the department. Understands the impact of the department's role in the overall financial goals and objectives of the hotels and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and builds long terms mutually beneficial customer relationships to support future revenue growth.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customers (internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
- Makes presence known to customers at all times during this process, regardless of which hotel they sit at. Greets customers during the event phase and hands-off to the Convention Services department for the execution of details. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
Displays leadership in guest hospitality and ensures consistent, high-level service throughout all phases of hotel events. Ensures products and services sold to the Event Planners meet or exceed their expectations, create loyalty, and lead to increased market share.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Reviews Guest Service Results with leaders. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Delphi or other hotel systems to capture and manage customer information on a daily basis.
…applies broad business knowledge and balances both a short- and long-term perspective to generate strategies while leading the organization to achieve them.
- Demonstrates commitment to Westmont Hospitality operating principles and philosophies.
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Addresses conflict in a timely manner.
- Contributes to team results.
- Deals with change effectively.
- Makes decisions, including employees/team, and commits to a course of action with available information.
…eliminates insular thinking by fostering a positive climate for work relationships and teams committed to achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
- Treats people fairly, with dignity, and respect.
- Works to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other employees or groups.
- Demonstrates business ethics and personal integrity, i.e., is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
- Listens and responds to others.
- Is interested in other’s views even if they counter own views.
Managing Work Execution
…proactively ensures that others have the accountability, authority, and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drive for results.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, etc.).
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands.
- Overcomes obstacles to accomplish challenging objectives.
- Follows through on inquiries, requests, and complaints.
….Proactively identifies and develops talent within the organization
- Discusses problems immediately with others before they are forgotten or get out of control.
- Actively pursues self-development.
Explains own rationale and thought processes to help employees improve their skills.
…Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning; demonstrates the depth of knowledge in a technical or specialized area
- Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for professional improvement.
- Shares learning, innovations, and best practices with others.
- Is willing to learn from others.
- Performs all technical/procedural requirements of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Must have (3+) years of progressive sales experience.
Previous experience in the hospitality industry highly preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Aggressive negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business with a high conversion ratio.
- Possesses software knowledge (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Possesses systems knowledge (Delphi and Delphi Diagrams)highly preferred.
- Must be able to “Knock on doors” to get the business
- Knows how to conduct research on the Internet.
- Weekly prospecting and soliciting goals
- Uncovering new customers
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
Embassy Suites by Hilton Partners with Hilton’s Cleanstay Program. Hilton Cleanstay is committed to health and safety, giving guests the confidence to stay with our properties. Guest expect to see Hilton Cleanstay protocol in action when on-property and our Team Members face-covering brand and company standard is a critical way to keep Team Members and guests safe.