As a Room Service Delivery Person, provide friendly, responsive delivery service to guests and create a beyond expectation dining experience. To actively participate as a team and use core values and service expectations listed in the Kalahari Promise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Must have full knowledge of the menu to include condiments and utensils needed for delivery of food, as well as layout of the resort.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage orders.
- Deliver meals to guests in their rooms with a pleasant attitude, smile, appropriate greetings, and approachable body language.
- Responsible for cleaning and removing the trolleys/trays from guest rooms and corridor.
- Answer questions about food, beverage, restaurant functions, services, and resort services and activities that Kalahari Resorts has to offer.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean, neat, and organized service area and stock cabinets and shelves with supplies as needed.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the food, beverage, and service. Respond promptly and courteously to their needs and requests.
- Present check to guest, and collect payment before leaving room, engage in friendly conversation and provide parting pleasantries.
- Be available to fill in as needed to help other associates and to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the food and beverage venue as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, associates and guests.
- Be aware of guests’ rate of consumption of alcohol and its effect and take immediate corrective action to help the guest as well as to protect the interest of Kalahari Resorts and its associates.
- Follow all laws pertaining to Alcohol Sales and Guest Safety.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and provide a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors when appropriate.
- Protect Kalahari Resorts assets by adhering to security policies and procedures.
- Must be able to operate the micros terminal and beverage dispenser.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- The ability to be self-directed as you will work on your own.
- The Associate needs to be able to move and position themselves around the resort. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to lift and balance trays frequently.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.