Posted April 14, 2021Best Friends Roadhouse and Mercantile
The sanctuary store at Best Friends is a welcoming environment where our visitors come to purchase merchandise and souvenirs commemorating their visit to the sanctuary. The Sanctuary Store Associate is an integral part of our visitor’s experience, providing product knowledge and ideas while providing excellent customer service. The perfect person for this role is bright, energetic and great with customers. This person understands the link between our culture, brand promise and mission as it relates to the products we promote and sell at the sanctuary store and the support it brings to the overall mission of Best Friends. Please note this role may also include working, when needed, at our two locations in town -the Best Friends Visitor Center and the Best Friends Mercantile at our Roadhouse.
● Process merchandise purchases, exchanges, and returns and is efficient with point of sale operations.
● Engage with customers: Answer customer questions, promote Best Friends mission, and assist with customer needs & collect information to build customer database.
● Count cash drawer at the beginning or end of the day to ensure that float is correct and that there is adequate change
● Prepare end-of-day settlement report and reconcile cash/credit card amounts
● Receive and process mail & phone orders
● Answer sanctuary store phone & emails
● Possess knowledge about products and can answer questions to help facilitate purchases.
● Document internal purchases insuring proper entry with regard to merchandise and department coding
● Maintain store appearance by keeping it stocked, clean and organized
● Assist Senior Sanctuary Store Associate with merchandise displays, fashion shows and implementation of ideas & strategy to increase sales
● Assist with inventorying, bar-coding & pricing merchandise
● Ensure packaging materials, register and credit card machine supplies are available
● Other duties as assigned
● Excellent customer service skills & experience interacting with the general public
● Knowledge of basic math skills and selling techniques
● Knowledge of point of sale systems preferred
● Able to adhere to dress code policy
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Dependable and flexible regarding job schedule, may be required to work nights, weekends and off site when applicable.
● Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
● Must be able to handle competing tasks and demands
● Must be able to professionally advocate Best Friends position on issues
● Possess working knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Outlook, Google, and Excel)
● The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative & uses tact and diplomacy with customers and fellow staff members.
● Able to lift 50 pounds
● Able to stand for extended periods of time
Note: Due to the nature of this position, candidates may be subject to a credit evaluation
For over 30 years, Best Friends Animal Society has been running the nation’s largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals and building effective programs that reduce the number of animals entering shelters.
At the Best Friends Roadhouse & Mercantile, pets are just as much guests as their people are. For their comfort and happiness, we are pleased to provide:
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.