Posted May 6, 2021The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Plans and executes meetings and special events. Position assists in the implementation of departmental strategies. The position has responsibility for the execution of all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales where appropriate.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Apprises property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Executes event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and supports establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, and experience a north Florida luxury resort where magnificent live oaks and Southern charm meet Florida’s warm ocean waves and white sand beaches. Located on a grand stretch of pristine coastline, this Amelia Island resort provides guests with an unforgettable escape. Take in ocean views from our luxury resort’s private balcony as you revel in picturesque sunsets from your suite. Rejuvenate at our on-site spa, indulge in fine dining, or play 18 holes on our private golf resort. Our Florida resort offers enjoyment for all our guests.To tour The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island luxury resort, please click to view the Photo Gallery. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is a Tier 2 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.