This professional will manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Hotel's Restaurant and ensure the preparation and delivery of quality products to our guest. Supervise, direct, and develop staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications, in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints.
- Participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals. Controls payroll and equipment cost (minimizing loss and misuse)
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree with major concentration in food and beverage preparation, management, nutrition or related field; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years progressive experience in high volume food production or catering. Knowledge of Food & Beverage operations including foods, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest/associate interaction.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, and to treat co-workers, supervisors, and guests with respect and courtesy.
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written with guest and associates
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
While performing the duties of this job, this professional is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, and stand. Occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, in a semi-controlled environment, and experiences a moderate to high noise level in the work environment.If we have just described you, please reach out to us immediately via our website application process.