With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A Manager, Leadership Development & Careers - Greater China and Mongolia is the leader in leadership learning and development initiatives for owned / managed hotels for the GCM region and supports the Director of Leadership Development and Careers - GCM, resulting in improvement in key hotel metrics. This role is concerned with the coordination, monitoring and continual improvement of all talent management activities such as supporting regional, functional and hotel talent reviews and succession planning.
The Manager, Leadership Development & Careers - GCM is responsible for supporting and keeping all GMs / HRDs and Learning & Development Managers within the region up to date. He / she analyses and focuses on GCM talent / learning metrics and data and advises key stakeholders on relevant suggestions / conclusions. This role requires excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management capability. He / she is also required to manage succession planning and assist the Human Resources Director with strategy planning.
What will I be doing?
As the Manager, Leadership Development & Careers – GCM, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Talent Management & Succession Planning activities: 35%
- Analyse and understand the business and talent challenges of GCM so as to come up with a viable talent and leadership strategy and action plans.
- Support the Director of Leadership Development & Careers in achieving the KBOs for the department.
- Partner with VP Ops, Regional Specialists, Regional HR Directors and GMs to assess priorities for learning, leadership development and talent management activities for the GCM region.
- Look into how internal team members can be groomed for leadership roles, identifying where the similarities and specific traits are for GCM and how to include these into development modules or existing programs.
- Provide guidance to Learning Managers in GCM.
- Ensure career development and succession planning availability and achievements within the region.
- Track high potential talent in the region and facilitate career moves.
- Support (but not manage) property level talent management, monitors talent development activities and drive local talent development in countries where we operate, ensuring global / APAC / GCM alignment.
- Strategize with the Director of Leadership Development & Careers - GCM for the best approach for performance improvement based on individual hotel needs, support & drive leadership development at hotel / regional level.
- Manage the Talent Review process for the GCM region, functions and support hotels in their talent review implementation.
Leadership Development: 35%
- Act as a true talent and leadership consultant to the business (both corporate and hotels), offering solutions that extend beyond just programmes and training.
- Aware of the latest in leadership development in the market and share relevant ideas that are globally aligned.
- Facilitate learning events (in person or via virtual solutions).
- Coordinate leadership development programs and functional development programs.
- Support diversity and inclusion via gender participation targets.
- Follow up with participants of global / APAC / GCM development programs after they finish their programs to help ensure career progress is taking place and program goals are reached.
- Monitor the career development of high potential employees, fast track and functional development candidates such as Shine participants, MTs, Pipeline support in developing robust CDPs.
- Coach and develop property level Training Managers, Heads of Department, 4D and GMs as needed.
- Conceptualise or suggest relevant, value-adding workshops and learning sessions in the regional GM meetings.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of development programmes and materials, continuing to evaluate and link to the global approach.
Tracking and Communicating Activities: 20%
- Take on a role in analysing the GCM talent data metrics.
- Give guidance on talent metrics to be measured, collaborating with the APAC / GCM talent team to identify regional talent conclusions.
- Collate APAC / GCM talent data overview and draw conclusions for the APAC / GCM talent management key measures.
- Draw conclusions from main development program talent pools.
- Keep track of program talent pools.
- Assist in the communication internally about our function in GCM to help tell our story to help build our team member value proposition.
- Introduce GCM infographics for talent data which can contain APAC / GCM wide talent metrics.
- Support in suggestions for communication across GCM to Training and HR Directors / Managers.
- Communicate information consistently to key customers, including VP Ops, HR Directors and GMs through meetings, conference calls and presentations.
Administration Activities: 10%
- Complete monthly reports.
- Track, maintain and update all talent data of the region.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support and drive online learning execution for property level.
- Support the RDLD&C and RHRDs in achieving the HR strategic goals for the region.
- Support corporate office learning initiatives.
- Actively drive team member value proposition and Thrive @ Hilton initiatives.
- Support the development of the local HR and training community.
- Collaborate with Brand Support, Global Talent, Global Delivery and L&D teams.
- Work on special projects as identified by the Senior Management.
- Manage his / her budget.
- Utilize results from SALT, QA reports and GTMS etc., and when necessary recommend and ensure implementation of action plans in order to improve results related to talent and leadership learning.
- When needed, support or arrange support for the Training Manager / Coordinators in preparing their annual training needs analysis, training plans, achieving their training objectives.
- Keep updated with the latest trends and developments related to learning, development and talent management field.
What are we looking for?
A Manager, Leadership Development & Careers - GCM serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of a university degree, with relevant experience in leadership, talent and learning.
- Minimum 3-5 years of training / facilitation / talent management experience.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese to meet business needs.
- Strong, analytical, consulting, and advisory skills with a creative mindset to come up with credible solutions.
- Experienced in project management.
- Able to work independently and is an excellent team player.
- Good attention to details with flawless execution.
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Able to travel to hotels and stay overnight to attend and conduct presentations and learning events.
- Possess strong written communication skills to produce professional learning events, accessible for all levels of the organization.
- Able to communicate via infographics and able to make business communication look attractive to read.
- Possess strong facilitation skills, both face to face and on WebEx / online.
- Well organised and able to work on a wide variety of tasks ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Prior experience in a corporate role is a strong advantage.
- Have strong customer service orientation to support all external and internal customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Embrace change and able to facilitate it.
- Able to regularly follow up on talent & leadership activities, adjusting actions accordingly.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!