ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assign and direct the work, train kitchen associates, ensure consistency in product while maximizing productivity and minimizing waste.
2. Inspect daily use records with the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef to ensure that product yields and usage are filled in correctly and associates are following these estimates as closely as possible.
3. Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box, utilize all leftovers, and control/limit waste.
4. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
5. Attend all associates meetings, come up with sound suggestions on solving associate’s problems and promote and maintain effective communication between all the food production areas within the kitchen.
6. Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas in the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and practice and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
7. Inspect all workstations including the associates’ cafeteria. Ensure proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Review processes for better efficiency.
8. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
9. Prepare daily production charts. Discuss and execute daily menu specials with Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis and maintain flexibility to work with business demands.
11. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Previous Sous Chef experience strongly preferred. Strong Organizational skills required.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline employees, as necessary. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Just 30 minutes from downtown Dallas, Delta Hotels Dallas Allen intuitively meets the needs of frequent travelers. Our hotel offers a sophisticated interpretation of the Texas urban landscape reflecting the energy of booming North Dallas, blending rustic design materials with curated art and the latest technology. Our guest rooms and suites feature thoughtful accommodations, including lush linens, productive workspaces, free bottled water and high-speed Wi-Fi. Our culinary offerings deliver a true Texas dining experience—with a few delightful surprises thrown in. A remarkable 79,000 square feet of meeting and convention space accommodate gatherings of any size, from an intimate gathering to a conference of 1,000. Enjoy inventive cuisine, ample parking, a fitness center, an expansive patio and pool, plus high-end shopping and dining across the street. Relish in luxury at Delta Hotels Dallas Allen.