The Houseperson position involves high Guest Contact and presents the first point of contact to our guests in the common areas of the hotel. Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness of the hotel. While keeping all areas free of safety hazards and performing tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
- Previous guest/customer relations training preferred.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50+ pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Work environment – Guest Rooms, Guest and Service Corridors, Housekeeping Office. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, biohazards and chemicals.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Must be able to reach above head and shoulder height to perform job duties.
- Be in proper uniform, with nametag. non-slip, closed toe, flat shoes
.•Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Work to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with guests as well as team members
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel features/services
- Be familiar with all local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Complete daily report as instructed by supervisor
- Stock linen room with supplies
- Empty linen from housekeeping carts.
- Sweep/vacuum and mop areas in front of elevators; clean all trash cans, and clean elevator track
- Maintain pool areas. Clean pool windows and bathroom daily
- Clean ice and soda machines on all floors.
- Dust light fixtures in hallways
- Remove all dirty linen from hallways.
- Pick up trash from all floors after the room attendants finish for the day
- All housepersons are to be in plain view at all times
- Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, Commonwealth Lodging Management and hotel policies and procedures. As well as the brand standards, policies and procedures.