The Laundry Attendant is responsible for processing hotel and guest laundry, including pressing, sorting and folding. Laundry Attendants use commercial pressing and folding equipment and are responsible for programming and logging of their operations. Duties may include ironing sheets, pillow cases, table cloths, folding towels, sorting soiled linen, loading dryers and distributing linen to various storage areas within the hotel.
This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years experience in hospitality industry in similar position
- Previous guest/customer relations training preferred.
- Good understanding of the English language
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 125 pounds
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Work environment – Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, biohazards and chemicals.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing
and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Must be able to reach above head and shoulder height to perform job duties.