Join our team at the newly renovated Delta Virginia Beach Bayfront Suites! Now Paying $15.00/hr
The purpose of the Guest Room Attendant is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness. The Guest Room Attendant must ensure guest satisfaction through room cleanliness and attention to our guests needs.
- Maintain a high standard of sanitation and cleanliness of the hotel.
- Knows and follows established cleaning procedures to maintain a high standard of cleanliness for guest rooms according to Marriott standards.
- Assists colleagues when own workstation is completed.
- Properly uses all cleaning fluids and supplies.
- Properly places guest amenities, e.g., toilet paper, tissues, guest service directories and turndown amenities.
- Perform and complete any special projects or reasonable requests assigned by management.
- Makes beds with clean sheets in excellent condition and dusts furniture.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses and writing supplies.
- Empties wastebaskets, and clean.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies. Sweeps and mop bathroom floor.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner..
- Cleans lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways, when requested
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Washes walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
- Stocks and replenishes linen rooms if necessary
- Basic understanding of the English language.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
- Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment, training available
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling, training available
- Must be able to reach above head and shoulder height to perform job duties.