A Shipping and Receiving Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Shipping and Receiving management in daily operation of the Department leading the work of shipping and receiving personnel while performing related work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations.
- Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Assures accuracy of internal requisitions.
- Works with departments to assure that they have everything they need.
- Performs required weekly and monthly counts/inventory; and places orders to maintain par levels.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or control standards.
- Ensures that the warehouse in organized and clean, and that items are stored according to safety regulations.
- Participate in training classes and Daily Promise shift meetings.
- Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively.
- Bi-lingual skills are preferred but not required.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to lead and train staff.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal service skills and organizational skills to plan time effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience, to work as a member of a team.
- Outstanding coordination and multi-tasking abilities
- A customer-oriented approach
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
Supervises the shipping and receiving staff.
This job operates in an active and laud environment. Frequent changes in environment temperature.
The Associate is occasionally required to run; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch. Constantly required to stand and walk, reach and grasp. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with various work hours and days, based on business needs. This position occasionally requires evening, weekend and holiday work.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma preferred but not required.
1 + year of relevant experience.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.