Posted June 18, 2021Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Job Overview: The Assistant Front Desk Manager at the Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor will be responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Front Desk staff to maximize revenues and profits while attaining optimal guest satisfaction.
1. Supervise the operations of the Front Desk.
2. Maintain the highest productivity, employee morale, and guest service as possible.
3. Ensure that all hotel policies and procedures are followed.
4. Assist FOM in the training of employees including but not limited to guest services, brand standards, hotel policies and procedures and all systems.
5. Check guests in and out of the hotel according to hotel and/or brand standards.
6. Inform guests about the hotel facilities, policies, and procedures. Provide tourist information to guests.
7. Handle hotel phone system. Transfer calls to appropriate departments/guests. Accurately take messages for guests.
8. Take, modify and cancel guestroom reservations.
9. Deal with inquiries, requests, and complaints from guests. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
10. Perform cashier duties, cash traveler’s checks. Post phone charges and other miscellaneous charges to guest accounts.
11. Follow in-house procedures to help ensure the security of guests and employees. Know hotel emergency procedures.
12. Maintain cleanliness of the Front Office area.
13. Take, modify, and cancel guestroom reservations.
14. Notify Front Office Manager of any problems or situations involving guests, the hotel and/or staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
105 West Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
360 Room Hotel
The Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor hotel offers a fabulous location in the heart of the city close to all things great about Baltimore! Within just a few blocks guests can explore the museums, shops, and restaurants of the Inner Harbor and the National Aquarium; catch an Orioles game at Orioles Park and Camden Yards or a Ravens game at M&T Stadium.
The Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor hotel is the optimal choice for corporate travelers. We are conveniently located near BWI Airport, the Under Armour Global Headquarters and local branches of many well-known companies.
Our hotel in downtown Baltimore is near world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital, as well as the University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center. Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, Morgan State University, and MICA are just some of the universities within a short distance of the hotel.