Entry level management position that assists in supporting the day-to-day activities in Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and Laundry, if applicable. Position works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Assists in all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
• Assists in managing linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the ordering of supplies as necessary.
• Assist in supervising Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
MIRJMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Deep in the heart of Dallas, famed Texas hospitality meets W style. W Dallas - Victory defines the emerging it-spot, Victory Park, as a posh playground near Downtown, Uptown, Turtle Creek, the high-style Design District, and the city's nightspots.
W Dallas - Victory will charm you with sensory indulgences wrapped in cowboy cool. Mix and mingle in the Living Room, work out at SWEAT®, de-stress at Bliss® Spa or splash at WET®, our outdoor infinity pool.
From our Mega Texas-sized rooms to our Wow Suites, our 252 sleek rooms invite you to live large, Dallas-style with rainforest showerheads, 32" plasma TVs, W signature beds and the W-exclusive lemon + sage Bliss® Sinkside Six.