Now Hiring: Front Desk or Guest Care Manager
We are looking for a Leader with a passion to serve others! Working at the front desk means you are at the hub of the hotel with the most interaction with our guests. As the Guest Care/Front Desk Manager you are the one that brings this group to a cohesive team focused on providing our guests excellent service while maintaining all brand and Concord standards. Your role is key to the overall experience the guest will have. Your keen sense of being proactive, responsive and caring will make all the difference. If you enjoy engaging with others, leading a team and have a winning personality and high sense of responsibility – this role is perfect for you! We have a great company culture at Concord Hospitality where everyone is valued and treated with respect. Many of our FOM’s advance in a couple years to Assistant General Manager roles!
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Our Benefits (applies to Full Time Associates Only)
Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
401K Retirement Program with company contribution – FREE MONEY!
Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Verizon Wireless Discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
The Guest Care Manager/Front Desk Manager is responsible for the success of the front desk, for ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met, and for managing all areas of the hotel according to Brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Displays exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Essential Job Functions :
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest services in responding promptly to guest needs.
• Is committed to making every guest satisfied.
• Ensures all hotel staff, including new hires, know all components of guest services and are trained to meet standards.
• Develops added value customer service programs.
• Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
• Meets or exceeds hotel guest satisfaction measures.
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
Front Desk Management
• Acts as manager on duty for hotel and manages front desk operations.
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in all front desk operations, including check-in/check-out procedures, telephone procedures, hotel amenities and computer systems.
• Leads and assists in Revenue Management functions as requested. Actively participates in conference calls with Corporate Management and any calls with brand revenue management centers
• Ensures front desk staff is trained in and follows financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables.
• Produce accurate financial reports on time.
• Works with the General Manager and Sales Manager / DOS to generate new business ideas to increase sales, set up rate codes and input rooming lists
• Manages human resources functions, including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, pay and reward programs to maintain a qualified front desk work force.
• Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
• Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
• Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
• Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
• Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
• Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely manner.
• Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
• Helps develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
• Ensures completion of training objectives and development plans.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
Safety and Security
• Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
• Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards in the hotel, such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
• Recognizes and corrects potential security problems in the hotel, such as locking doors after hours, etc.
• Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others follow them.
• Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
• Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs. Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
• Has acceptable property quality audits.
• Periodically inspect rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest – having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
Our downtown hotel provides easy access to a variety of destinations such as Miami University and Jungle Jim's International Market. After experiencing our local culture, guests can settle into comfort in our spacious rooms and suites. We make every stay as convenient as possible by offering complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious bedding and room service from our on-site restaurant. Plaza One Grille serves delectable American cuisine and features a private dining space, perfect for having birthday celebrations or dinner meetings. Those traveling for business can host a productive conference or convention at one of our three versatile event venues. We offer catering options to elevate any company function.