Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino-Phoenix Drop Count Supervisor, the Drop Count Lead is responsible for the drop and count processes for Gaming Machine drop. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in oversight of Drop/Count process.
- Assist the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Drop Count Supervisor with supervising Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Drop Count Team Members.
- Assists Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Drop Count Supervisor in ensuring accurate accountability of currency Drop/Count process documents.
- Trains new employees on policies and procedures of Drop/Count process.
- Responsible for opening, removing and securing currency from the gaming machines.
- Enforces and adheres to all drop count policies and procedures.
- Accurately counts gaming machine currency drop and tickets.
- Operates electronic currency counter/sorter and ticket counter equipment.
- Records currency from each bill acceptors on the electronic currency counter.
- Prepares and bundles the currency drop for verification.
- Separates tickets and currency from gaming machines.
- Assists the Desert Diamond Casino- Phoenix Drop Count Supervisor with initiating maintenance or service calls.
- Leads Drop Count Team Members in absence of the supervisor during the drop and count.
- Prepares and creates various reports on the count and enters into computerized online accounting system.
- Informs supervisors of any discrepancies or variances out of the ordinary occurrences.
- Ensures area is maintained and clean.
- Complete Drop/Count during regular shift.
- Participates in all activities or duties of Drop Count Team Members.
- Maintains confidentially of all information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years cash handling experience; or 1 year as a Drop/Count Team Member.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/ alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications
- Knowledge of cash handling techniques.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to continually seek improvement in results.
- Ability to process data, format, and generate reports.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint) and accounting casino programs.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work EnvironmentWork is generally performed in a fast passed environment setting with a high noise level. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Salary: $15.95 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.